If you don’t want to spend your money on a new router that would help you set up a wireless network, it’s probably the time to give Connectify a try. In case the name doesn’t tell you that much, Connectify is a downloadable application that can turn your wireless-capable computer into a virtual router, thus allowing you to use the same Internet connection on multiple devices. The interface is definitely the ace up its sleeve, because all the things have been designed to make the whole process very easy to use, even by those uninitiated. The configuration process can be done in a minute, as Connectify prompts you to choose the hotspot name, the password, the WiFi device to be used, the security mode and choose whether to enable Internet sharing or not.
Of course, you’ll have full control over your wireless network all the time, so you will know exactly who is connected to your server. We’ve tested the application on a Windows 7 laptop and everything worked quite smooth, but keep in mind that a wireless network adapter is a must have in order to use the program. All in all, you won’t find an application that’s easier to use than Connectify and although you’ll have to purchase a pro license to unlock its full powers, it’s definitely worth the price.
Highlights of Connectify Pro Include:
- Share Wi-Fi from 3G/4G Networks – Connectify Pro now supports sharing Internet from 3G/4G cards in addition to a wide variety of other USB cards and dongles
- “Scannify” Service Discovery – Connectify Pro will automatically scan your network for available shared folders or drives, web servers, and other remote services
- AutoInternet Selection – When set to “Automatic,” Connectify Pro intelligently chooses which Internet connection to share and makes necessary configuration changes to your hotspot
- Fully Customizable SSID – Name your hotspot whatever you want! Connectify Lite requires your hotspot name to start with “Connectify-”
- Support for Windows XP and Windows Vista – Ad-Hoc Mode only
What's new in Connectify Pro 184.108.40.20678:
- Faster: Connectify is now faster (20% faster on client-to-client, and client-to-host networking) and uses significantly less CPU than previous versions.
- Better support for streaming video, peer-to-peer, and gaming: The software for UPnP, MTU, and client-to-client communications have all been reworked for speed and reliability. Some examples of applications that now work noticeably better from clients include the XBox 360’s Zune Marketplace and uTorrent.
- Better support for 3G/4G cards: A number of additional mobile broadband cards and wireless carrier configurations are now supported. Certain 3G/4G cards that were misidentified as Ethernet cards are now correctly recognized as mobile broadband cards.
- Options to turn off Fling File Transfers and Network Peer Scanning: Some people requested the ability to turn off the Fling Wi-Fi File Transfer functionality, and we have complied. Turning off Network Peer Scanning will make Connectify no longer detect web servers and shared drives on other computers, but will also prevent it from issuing ARP packets onto the network. Both options can be found in the Connectify Menu under Advanced Settings.
- Windows 8 Support (Beta): Connectify now works on Windows 8. This is beta level support, please tell us how it works for you.
- Connectify Pro 220.127.116.1178 + Keygen